Who am I?
Hi, my name is Nicole, or as I like to affectionately refer to myself, Gidget.
I’m essentially a stay-at-home mom, but I wear a lot of hats. In fact, I’ve always thought of myself as having many different personas. At this point in my life, my identities include:
- following Jesus
- being a wife to “Moondoggie”
- raising my daughter “Chiquita”- 15 months, as of now
- managing our home as simply and as green as possible
- attempting to be a writer/crafter/jill of many trades, master of none
- teaching Spanish (temporarily retired)
- California girl currently living in Colorado
What is Home?
To me, home isn’t about the house we live in. It’s more than that. Home is attempting to be content and at peace with where I am– physically, spiritually, emotionally. It’s where we laugh, eat, sleep, play, live.
It’s wherever the Lord has us for the time being… it’s a comfortable place… it’s a useful place… it’s a beautiful place.
“Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
– William Morris
“Ah! there is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.”
-Jane Austen, Emma (1815)
Unless otherwise stated, all artwork and words on Gidget Goes Home are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.